Saturday, August 23, 2008

Good nutrition is necessary

Why do I say this? I've learnt the hard way. I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 in 1998 and suffered from neuropathy and retinopathy at the time when I was diagnosed. I was on a wheelchair when I came out of Korea where I was working. I went to the best physicians for treatment in Singapore (my hometown). Now I am walking well and seeing well. I did not stop at that.

I became a vegetarian about 30 years ago and at that time, seeing the death of my parents I told myself that I must live a healthy life. My father died of cancer and my mother of some major complications. I read extensively about the importance of proper diet and became a vegetarian and thought that I would be in optimal health, but unfortunately ended up with diabetes. So I started to re-educate myself about healthy lifestyle.

I discovered that being vegetarian alone does not guarantee good health. Even vegetables are poor in quality for the following reasons:

i. there is so much pollution in the soil and air
ii. oxidative stress
iii.indiscriminate usage of chemicals and pesticides

Although being vegetarian is good for the sake of non-violence and health. Still in terms of health, nowadays it cannot guarantee good health. Neither does taking meat guarantee good health. Let me not talk about the poor condition of meat. Many doctors recommend the exclusion of red meat in their diet.

If fact, Dr Ray Strand, M.D. doctor and author of "What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About Nutritional Medicine Could be Killing You" has been really an eye opener for me. He says "The concern for my patients' health has led me to recommend a complete nutritional system to my patients". You can go to his website "www.bionutrition.org" to find out more.

I am not saying that a nutritional supplement can replace a healthy diet. No, it does not. Butt proper supplementation can bridge the gap between what our body needs in optimal nutrition, and what most of us actually get from food. The Journal of American Medical Association says "Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone. Pending strong evidence of effectiveness from randomized trials, it appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements". But then not all supplements are created equally. I was taking different types of vitamins in my lifetime but found that there was no improvement in my health, until I stumbled into Usana Health Sciences.


I became aware that obtaining good health is really very easy. To realise that without good health, nothing else matters and lastly to help you understand the TRUTH about vitamins and how you and your family can achieve optimal health. Here’s a video link for you to learn more about Usana a leading company in the field of nutritional supplements.

Please click on the link below. If you have a slow server then allow the video to run to the end (have a cup of coffee) and then replay from the beginning.

"Nutritionals You Can Trust" Movie (12 Min.)

The Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements is a masterful synthesis of research and analysis and an invaluable resource for anyone with an interest in the science of optimal nutrition. Let the Results speak for themselves. 100% totally independent scientific research.

Go to www.comparativeguide.com and understand why all vitamins are not created equal. The Comparative Guide is a legal document packed with the latest findings on degenerative diseases.

If you have any questions, I will be most happy to talk to you. You can phone me at 6019 888 1947 or email me at : kaye.rao@gmail.com.

To your good health.






No comments: